.item-control{display:none;}

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Grand Children

I've heard it said that "God gives us children so that death doesn't come as such as disappointment," and, I do have to admit that -- from time to time -- over the past 30+ years, I have understood the truth to that saying. For the most part, though, I have found parenting to be the single most fulfilling, inspiring, uplifting, frustrating, and satisfying task of any I've ever pursued! Even when we're disappointed by our children, or when they are disappointed in us, there is always room for the love and the pride and the unconditional acceptance of this person to whom you gave life.

While my daughters are clearly the most blessed aspects of my time here on earth, I do have to confess that there is someone else who has entered our realm and stolen the light in my eyes. . . . .my first grandchild! Never could I have imagined the love and joy this tiny little boy would bring with his birth! He is the reassurance that the world will be a wonderful place and that all of the tomorrow's are worth fighting for! He is a miracle!

I think that's what I've survived all of this for. . . . .to be a Grandmother. What a blessed journey this will be!

No comments: