.item-control{display:none;}

Saturday, December 29, 2007

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS. . . .


Traditionally, this is the time of year when people take a few moments to reflect back on the path they've traveled for the last 12 months, take stock of where they are in their lives, and set goals for where they would like to be. Traditionally, this is the time of year for making "New Year's Resolutions". Traditionally, I don't participate in that ritual. Never have, for some reason.

This year, I think I will break with my tradition and set out a few specific goals that I hope to achieve during 2008. Nothing major or world-changing. Just things that I want or need to do for myself. . . for my life. Some people may laugh at the thought of this. Others may scoff. Still, some may recognize that it's an act of courage for me to look forward and make a plan. It's a demonstration of 'hope' for my life. Something I have been afraid to hope for or think of in a very, very long time.

So, I will spend the next couple of days reflecting upon where I am (literally and figuratively) and where I want to be. When I have come up with a plan -- whether made up of baby steps or leaps of faith -- I will share those 'resolutions' here.

Wish me luck. . . .and stay tuned!

No comments: